Hollow Lands and Hilly Lands
This is my first solo CD, launched in 2012.
Well not totally solo because, as well as my fiddle playing and singing, here you can also hear Seamie O'Dowd on guitar and Caroline Locke on piano, both of whom made a wonderful contribution by way of accompaniment.
The album contains 15 tracks in all - five songs and ten tracks of fiddle music, including reels, jigs, a slow air and even a waltz. See below for the full track-list.
Like to hear some samples? Click on these links:
Track 2 - South Sligo Nocturne (Song)
Track 3 - The Luachrachan's Jig & Out on the Ocean (Jigs)
(Please note that these are lower quality sound-files than the tracks on the CD)
The title of the album was of course inspired by W.B. Yeats.
1. Johnny McGreevy’s Favourite & The Edenderry Reel (Reels)
2. South Sligo Nocturne (Song)
3. The Luachrachán & Out on the Ocean (Jigs)
4. Mickey Finn’s Air
5. The Humours of Scarriff & The Porthole in the Kelp (Reels)
6. The Bonny Broom (Song)
7. Martin Wynne’s Reels 1 & 2
8. The Road to Bannow & Maud Miller (Reels)
9. My Bonny Blue-Eyed Lassie (Song)
10. The One that was Lost & The Robin’s Nest (Jigs)
11. Farewell to Milltown Malbay & The New Road (Reels)
12. Tiny Fish for Japan (Song)
13. The Ballinacarrow Waltz
14. The Bunch of Green Rushes & Sporting Nell (Reels)
15. An Buachaill Caol Dubh (Song)
©2013-2015. All Rights Reserved.